Building a Better Future for the Arts in Midcoast Maine
Maine State Music Theatre announced the public phase of their three-year Capital Campaign at the opening night of Young Frankenstein, the fourth and final show of their 2015 season.
The Campaign began internally in 2015, and through various levels of donation from a small sampling of community members, the Board of Trustees and staff, has raised a large portion of the two million dollar goal.
The purpose of the campaign is multi-faceted:
• Fulfilling commitments to our partner and lessor, Bowdoin College, MSMT will pay for replacement of carpeting and seats, as well as upgrades to the hearing system in Pickard Theater.
• Providing housing for theatre professionals – actors, technicians, and interns. We purchased a property on Cedar Street, currently housing equity actors, and have recently purchased and will be renovating a Noble Street apartment to become department head housing. We look forward to the purchase of additional downtown Brunswick properties if suitable homes become available.
• Attending to the repair and maintenance of current properties used for housing, administrative offices, technical shops, and studios. We are replacing roofs and floors, increasing energy efficiency, and installing new ticketing and development software.
• Purchase New Technical Equipment for MSMT Productions, Including a Sound Board and Sound Equipment, LED Stage Lighting, and Production Shop Safety Equipment.
As of August 15, 2017, the theatre has received $1.5 million in donations and pledges.
Naming opportunities exist for a number of the campaign goals, includin:
• Noble Street Apartment Building
• Bedroom in Cedar Street, School Street, or Elm Street Apartments (Nineteen total bedrooms)
• Kitchen or Living Room space at Cedar Street, School Street or Elm Street Apartments (Nine kitchens, nine living rooms)
• Five offices at 22 Elm Street
Potential donors are encouraged to call Curt Dale Clark at 207-725-8760 x13 to discuss pledges and donations.
To make a donation online, please click the button below and choose “other”. Below that, in the “Personal note to be included with donation” section please write in “Capital Campaign”.