Local Adult Auditions
This audition is for local Maine adults only. Housing is not provided for local actors. AEA actors please check our AEA Audition page for all AEA audition info.
LOCATION: MSMT, 22 Elm Street, Brunswick, ME
DATE: Saturday, March 7
- 10 AM – 3 PM – SING
- 3 PM – 6 PM – DANCE Call (Jazz & Tap)
WHO: Local Maine Adult Actors, all ages
WHAT: Open Call Audition. Come early to sign up and you will be seen in the order of the sign up sheet.
SHOWS: Looking to cast in the productions of Mamma Mia!, The Sound of Music, and Something Rotten. Possibly other shows.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Headshot & Resume: please bring your H/R, stapled back to back. Include your height.
- SING: Please prepare 16 bars of 2 songs that best shows your ability and range. Songs from the season are fine, but not required. Bring sheet music. Accompanist provided.
- DANCE: Some actors may be asked to stay and dance . You will be learning jazz and tap combinations. Bring appropriate dance shoes.
Please email Kathi Kacinski, the Company Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HEADSHOT & RESUME: please bring your headshot and resume. Include your height
- SING: 2 songs, 16 bars each, which best show your ability and range. Songs from the season are fine, but not required.
- DANCE: 2 dance combinations, 16 counts of 8 each, one jazz and one tap. Show all the bells and whistles.
- You will not be considered if you send video clips of shows you have performed in
- You will not be considered if you do not send video of the dance combinations
MAMMA MIA!: Music & Lyrics: Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, some songs with Stig Anderson. Book: Catherine Johnson. Dir: Donna Drake. Chor: Rhonda Miller. Mus Dir: Ben McNaboe. 1st reh: 6/6. Runs 6/24 – 7/11.
THE SOUND OF MUSIC: Music: Richard Rodgers. Lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein II. Book: Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse. Dir/Chor: Mark Martino. Mus Dir: Jason Wetzel. 1st reh: 6/27. Runs 7/15 – 8/1.
SOMETHING ROTTEN: Music & Lyrics: Karey Kirkpatrick and Wayne Kirkpatrick. Book: Karey Kirkpatrick & John O’Farrell. Dir/Chor: Marc Robin. Mus Dir: Aaron McAllister. 1st reh: 7/18. Runs 8/5 – 8/22.
Questions: Contact Kathi Kacinski, the Company Manager, at email@example.com.