Maine State Music Theatre (MSMT), a CORST X AEA resident summer music theatre, is looking for a MUSIC ASSOCIATE for our 2020 season.
Employment Dates: Thurs 5/14 – Sun 8/23
MSMT offers a weekly salary, free housing with internet and the beautiful Maine coastline.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Music Directors with all the music for said productions
- Assisting with the rearranging of the scores when necessary
- Assisting with transpositions when necessary
- Ensuring (or assisting with) that all music rehearsals, singing and dancing, are accompanied
- Playing at rehearsals as determined by the Musical Director of each production
- Playing at all assigned performances
- Assist MD with Concerts, TYA productions, and the Intern Singers
- Music Direct and/or Assistant Music Direct assigned TYA’s and/or concerts
- Play for special events/cabarets as needed and as determined by management
Successful candidate will have superior knowledge of:
- The musical theatre cannon
- Accompanying for musical theatre
- Basic keyboard programming – i.e. Apple Mainstage
- Basic computer music notation skills (Finale) – knowledge of orchestrating & arranging a plus!
- Organizational and communication skills
- Working collaboratively as part of a hard working team is absolutely necessary and candidates should be self-directed and motivated.
Please send the following:
- 3 recordings of your playing (video strongly preferred). Pieces should be from the musical theatre genre – at least one dance break/excerpt OR overture excerpt. Please show different styles and send recording of only you playing
- Cover letter
- 3 work related references (not written), which includes their phone numbers and email addresses, to email@example.com.
TO: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Employment Department, Maine State Music Theatre, 22 Elm Street, Brunswick, ME 04011
MAIN STAGE: Titanic; Mamma Mia!; Sound of Music; Something Rotten
CONCERTS: Christine & Patsy Together Again; Red, Hot & Cole Porter; Piano Men
TYA: Robin and Clark’s Beauty and the Beast; Frozen Jr.; Shrek, Jr.
MSMT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, political persuasion or belief, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or status as a whistleblower.