The Living Legacy Circle was created to recognize those individuals who share our passion for musical theatre, and are committed to securing MSMT’s future. If you have already arranged such a gift, please let us know so that we can welcome you as the newest member of The Living Legacy Circle.
There are many charitable giving options including naming MSMT as a beneficiary of your will, a living trust, and a life insurance policy, or retirement plan. Your attorney or financial advisor can advise you on the options available.
As a member, you will receive our special thanks in several ways:
- An exclusive invitation to a celebration event
- Recognition in the MSMT program; on the website; and on a permanent plaque at 22 Elm Street
- A special MSMT Living Legacy Circle pin
Ways to Give
Include a provision in your estate plans to leave a future gift to MSMT through:
- A gift through your will or trust: After providing for the future financial security of your loved ones, you may make a bequest to Maine State Music Theatre to receive:
- A residual gift after distributions to loved ones have been fulfilled.
- A fixed, specific dollar amount.
- A percentage of your estate.
- Specific property, such as real estate.
- If you would like to make a gift to MSMT to your will or living trust, or by naming the Theatre as a beneficiary of your financial assets, here is information needed to do so:
- Legal Name: Maine State Music Theatre
- Address: 22 Elm Street, Brunswick, Maine 04011
- A Gift of Appreciated Securities: When considering what assets to use to make gift to MSMT, stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other securities can be an attractive option and offer special tax benefits. Congress has provided that you can deduct the full value of such gifts, including any amount that would be owed in capital gains tax if sold. Your broker can assist you in making a gift of stock directly to MSMT. If you’re sending a stock, please let us know. Contact 207-725-0150 with your broker’s name and phone number, the stock name and the number of shares you are donating.
- Giving for income: You can elect to leave a legacy to MSMT at the same time that you generate income for yourself or your loved ones in several ways:
- Charitable Remainder Trust allows you to ensure the financial well-being of your family and provide a deferred gift to MSMT.
- Charitable Lead Trust can be designed to provide income payments to MSMT for a period measured by a fixed term of years, after which you or a beneficiary receives the remaining trust assets.
Helpful Language for Your Will
If you are interested in updating your will or adding a codicil to include Maine State Music Theatre as a beneficiary please consult with your attorney. The following language may be helpful to your attorney in drafting a bequest to MSMT:
“I give to Maine State Music Theatre, a not-for-profit corporation having its headquarters in Brunswick, Maine, the sum of $ _________ (or ___ percent of my estate) to be used for its general purposes (or describe a specific program or fund in accordance with your particular interests).”