MAINE STATE MUSIC THEATRE is supported by a combination of individual donations and corporate support. By purchasing an ad in our season program, you are helping us to continue our mission of bringing high quality, professional musical productions to Mid Coast Maine, while taking advantage of a unique opportunity to highlight your business to over 60,000 patrons.
A demographic breakdown of our audience:
- The majority of our patrons are 65 and older
- They are well-educated with high levels of disposable income, with 34% reporting annual incomes over $100,000
- Eighty-three percent are year round residents; 13% are seasonal residents.
- Fifty-four percent live in the towns of Bath, Brunswick, Topsham, and Greater Portland
- Another 40% come from the Augusta, Lewiston, Downeast and other areas of the state
Maine State Music Theatre Facts
- MSMT is the premier professional music theatre in the State of Maine. Now in our 61st year, MSMT has a national reputation among theatre professionals as THE resident stock theatre company to work in during the summer.
- MSMT is the second largest performing arts organization in the state, playing to audiences totaling over 60,000 through the course of a three-month summer season. We have 96 performances in a 4-show main stage season.
- MSMT’s demographics skew toward a slightly older, affluent and loyal patron base, translating into discerning customers looking for high quality products and services.
- Audiences and critics alike compare our productions favorably to the best of Broadway, London, and regional theatre.
Portland Stage/Maine State Music Theatre Collaboration
For the fourth year, MSMT is collaborating for a co-production with Portland Stage in Portland to bring Ain’t Misbehavin’ to the stage. A total of 7,500 copies are printed for the 4-week show, which takes place in Portland. Take advantage of this opportunity to reach both MSMT and Portland Stage audiences with one ad.