For one price, your ad will appear in all four production programs, which are thoroughly perused by our loyal patrons. We have discovered over the years that audience members take notice of MSMT’s advertising partners and patronize their businesses.
A total of 58,000 copies are printed over the course of the summer for the four mainstage productions, and each show has its own identity, so the programs and your message are fresh all season long.
Year after year, we have returning advertisers who are very pleased with the results of their investment in this medium and their support of MSMT. It works both ways.
Maine State Music Theatre Facts
- MSMT is the premier professional music theatre in the State of Maine. Now in our 60th year, MSMT has a national reputation among theatre professionals as THE resident stock theatre company to work in during the summer.
- MSMT is the second largest performing arts organization in the state, playing to audiences totaling over 65,000 through the course of a three-month summer season. We have 96 performances in a 4-show main stage season.
- MSMT’s demographics skew toward a slightly older, affluent and loyal patron base, translating into discerning customers looking for high quality products and services.
- Audiences and critics alike compare our productions favorably to the best of Broadway, London and regional theatre.
A Demographic Breakdown of our Audience:
- The majority of our patrons are 65 or older
- They are well-educated with high levels of disposable income, with 34 percent reporting annual incomes over $100,000
- Eighty-three percent are year round residents; 13 percent are seasonal residents.
- Fifty-four percent live in the towns of Bath, Brunswick, Topsham, and Greater Portland
- Another 40 percent come from the Augusta, Lewiston, Downeast and other areas of the state
Portland Stage/Maine State Music Theatre Collaboration
For the third year, MSMT is collaborating for a co-production with Portland Stage in Portland to bring Nunsense to the stage. A total of 7500 copies are printed for the 4-week show, which takes place in Portland. Take advantage of this opportunity to reach both MSMT and Portland Stage audiences with one ad.