COME SWING AS THE LEGACY OF THE DUKE IS CELEBRATED ON STAGE!
This glamorous show-stopping production of Sophisticated Ladies – with the largest tap dance sequences since Newsies and Singin’ In The Rain – celebrates a jazz legend with a name that has stood the test of time. Duke Ellington’s musical expression captivates audiences with his stylish big-band sound. Relive the days with such hits as “Take the ‘A’ Train,” “I Got It Bad and That Ain’t Good,” “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)” and the title song “Sophisticated Ladies.” This lavish musical extravaganza features spectacular dancing, outstanding vocals, and an onstage big band that will transport you back to the era when big band was “The Thing.”
Concept by DONALD MCKAYLE | Based on the music of DUKE ELLINGTON | Music and Dance Arrangements by LLOYD MAYERS | Vocal Arrangements by MALCOLM DODDS and LLOYD MAYERS | Music by DUKE ELLINGTON | Original Musical Direction by MERCER ELLINGTON
Originally produced on Broadway by Roger S. Berlin, Manheim Fox, Sondra Gilman, Burton Litwin and Louise Westergaard. In association with Belgian Mills Publishing Corp. and Norzar Productions, Inc.
Get More, Spend Less
Maine State Music Theatre offers a subscription to our four Main Stage shows, each with top-notch production value and Broadway-caliber stars.
Maine Stage Subscriber benefits include:
- BEST SEATS AT THE BEST PRICE Save up to 40% off the price of single tickets with Early Bird prices through October 31; Continue to save up to 30% off the price of single tickets even after October 31 through February 28. Subscriptions raise to the single ticket price after February 29.
- FIRST CHOICE OF SEATS Get the best seats before tickets are made available to the general public. Return to your favorite seats show after show and year after year if you renew by February 28, 2018. Some of our patrons have had the same seats for over 20 years!
- SPECIAL ACCESS TO EVENTS Subscribers have first choice of seats for special events before they go on sale to the public.
- INSIDER INFO Enjoy a subscription to QuarterNotes with news and information on the latest at MSMT and be our guest at exclusive subscriber events.
- FREE TICKET EXCHANGES Subscribers get free exchanges on tickets up to 24 hours before their show. (Upcharge fees may apply) Lost, damaged or stolen tickets can always be replaced.
- EARLY SINGLE TICKETS Only subscribers can buy single tickets shows starting three business days before the general public in April.
See a show at Maine State Music Theatre and enjoy all that the Southern Midcoast Maine Region can offer, including miles of pristine coastline with sandy beaches and ocean vistas, vibrant downtowns providing an endless supply of shopping, dining, recreation and entertainment. Come as a group and let our group concierge help you plan lodging and dining options. You must have 20+ people in order to qualify for group rates.
- Special Savings
- Preferred Seating
- Convenient Payment Plans
- Personalized Concierge
- Groups 25+ Can Arrange After Show Talk-Backs with the Artistic Director
- Comps for Drivers & Guides