What to Expect
What to expect from auditions, rehearsals and performances:
Working at Maine State Music Theatre is a fun and rewarding experience! However, it is a lot of hard work filled with responsibilities. Below is info everyone should know about auditioning/working at MSMT:
- TIME COMMITMENT: This is a very big time commitment. You must be available for all rehearsals and performances.
- ATTENDANCE: If you are cast in one of our productions, everyone must attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances.
- REHEARSALS:. Rehearsals are Tuesday through Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm for mainstage shows. MSMT rehearses 6 days a week. We do not know the next day’s rehearsal schedule until the night before. Concerts and Theatre for Young Audience (TYA) productions, rehearsal days and times vary.
- SHOW SCHEDULE: Mainstage shows perform Tuesday through Sunday with 3 matinees a week at 2:00pm, and 5 evening performances at 7:30pm. There is always the possibility of adding performances to any week. Theatre for Young Audience (TYA) productions have 4 performances all on the same day which is a Monday.
- OPENING WEEK: Opening week is very hectic with long days and late nights. There is a tech, dress tech, previews, brush up rehearsals etc. It’s a crazy week that leads to magic!
- CASTING: MSMT does not cast right away. Casting won’t be finalized until we have finished the audition process. We expect to have everything cast sometime in April. Please know if you are not cast unfortunately we do not have the ability to contact everyone personally.
- CONFLICTS: If you have conflict dates during rehearsals or performances show, unfortunately we can not cast you.
- HOUSING: “Local” means you can commute to and from rehearsals and shows. No housing is provided.
- After the official opening night there will be no more rehearsals unless an emergency should arise.
- And last but not least….HAVE FUN!!!
Performing 8 shows a week
TITANIC: Rehearsals: May 31 – June 7 Show Runs June 7 – June 24
THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY: Rehearsals: June 10 – June 28 Show Runs June 28 – July 15
9 to 5: Rehearsals: July 1- July 19 Show Runs July 19 – August 5
SOMETHING ROTTEN: Rehearsals: July 22- August 9 Show Runs August 9 – August 26
THEATRE for YOUNG AUDIENCES (TYA)
Rehearsals dates and time TBD. These shows are on 1 day performing 4 shows that day
RAPUNZEL: 1st reh: May 23 Performs: Monday June 12
3 LITTLE PIGS: 1st reh: June 21 Performs: Monday July 24
ALICE in WONDERLAND: 1st reh: August 2 Performs: Monday August 21